Santa Sindone

sito ufficiale



 The Holy Shroud » Expositions » 1578 
1578   versione testuale


On september 14 the Holy Shroud was transferred to Turin from Chambéry to shorten the trip of Carlo Borromeo, the Archbishop of Milan, who had made a vow to go worship the Sacred Linen. This was the first Turin exposition. The Shroud was then on display in many occasions in the following centuries, in the Cathedral and in piazza Castello, to celebrate liturgical feasts or the Home of Savoy dinastyc anniversaries.